Saturday, December 1, 2012

Here is a little background about my life....My childhood was a rough one, on my own and married at age 16, drug addicted by age 17 and a high school drop out. By the age of 19 my only aspiration was to be bigger and better than Scar Face! I spent the next 6 years in a haze of tragedy everything from divorce to the loss of both my mother and the love of my life. I attempted to get sober for the first time at age 25 but it was a lot of hit and miss with periods of sobriety followed by wild drug binges. During the span of 17 years I lost a total of 13 pregnancies with no live births. Almost 4 years ago I attempted suicide for the 3rd time and woke up in ICU. The doctors informed me that I died on the way to the hospital and they revived me but my heart was weak. I decided from that moment on that I was not going to "try" and change my life but I was going to succeed! I moved almost 300 miles from everything and everyone I know to begin college with a major in Psychology. I took in my sister's 3 kids until she could find her own sobriety and 3 years later, my sister is clean with one of her kids back, I am a college graduate working on my Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, I am in an amazing relationship with my soul mate and I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter ( My Miracle Baby)!!! So there ya go. the short version lol I have learned an abundant amount of lessons during this chaotic run in life and now that it has calmed down I intend to share my story with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment