Monday, December 17, 2012

Today has been pretty uneventful. I decided to take a break from my facebook because there is so much ugliness going on in the world right now but it is much harder than I anticipated. It is like an addiction to be so blindly obsessed with what we believe is a connection to others. My brother made a comment the other day that as a society we have all become so impersonal with each other that the only way we know what is going on with each other is if we read the status update. Nobody makes regular phone calls anymore. I understand when there is distance between loved ones that facebook may be more convenient but it is still important to touch base in a more personal way. I intend to spend some time becoming more personal with my close friends and family. Maybe that is part of what I'm missing right now, maybe I just need to get back to basics for a min and appreciate real life connections....

No comments:

Post a Comment